|You may want to double the sauce or only make 1/2 of the meat mixture - then sauce is doubled! The dish used has never come home from a ‘church’ s with a thing in it.
- 1 envel. Reg. Onion soup mix
- 1/2 c water
- 2 eggs (eggbeaters work)
- 2 lb. Ground beef 7% fat
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 1 16 oz. Can sauerkraut, drained and sniped well
- 1 16 oz. Can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 8 oz. Bottle (3/4 c) good chili sauce
- 1/3 c brown sugar packed (more or less to suit your taste)
- 1 c water
Mix sauce ingredients together and pour 1/2 of the sauce into a 13 x 9 x pan baking dish.
Brown meatballs, about 1/3 at a time. Drain excess grease and put on top of the sauce. Cover w/remaining sauce.
Cover and bake at 325° or 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer. Freeze in portions.
Best to use plain saurkraut in this as the cranberry sauce and the brown sugar add enough sweetness.
Contributed by Helen W. Lane, email@example.com