- artificial rose or carnation
- two artificial rose leaves
- 1/2" wooden bead for small flower buds, or 3/4" - 1" bead for larger flower buds
- 1" string of small plastic beads
- black and red felt marker, fine-tipped
- 4" gold cord
- hot glue gun
- brooch pin or satin ribbon
- gold paint
- Cut the stem off of the flower bud.
- Glue the wooden bead to the bottom of the bud. This will be the angel's head.
- Glue two leaves to the back of the angel (close to the head bead) to form wings.
- Paint the bead string gold with acrylic paint. Dry. Glue one end of the string to the back of the wooden bead head. Form a loop with the string and glue the other end next to the first end. (See picture).
- Draw eyes using black felt and a round mouth using the red felt pen.
- Tie a bow with the gold cord and glue to the angel just under the chin.
- If you want to hang the angel as an ornament, glue on a loop of satin ribbon. If you want to wear the angel as a brooch, glue on a brooch pin.
Try making the angel in different sizes suing different types of flower bud. You can try different colors, too. Optional: paint the angel's head bead solid gold or white.