| You will need:
- 1 3 inch Styrofoam ball
- 16 2.5 inch square pieces of 3 different fabrics
- 1 foot lace or ribbon
- Lots of straight pins with flat heads
- Hot glue
- Ribbon or sting for a hanger 28 8mm beads (dress)
1. Begin by selecting the fabric that you want to be the center of the design. Place 2 squares wrong side together and pin to the ball at the four corners
2. Crease a third square in half ( side out). See diagram 1. Open it up and place a pin from the wrong side of the fabric through the center
of the square. Pin this to the center of the square on the Styrofoam ball.
3. Now fold the 2 corners of the rectangle down to the opposite edge. See Diagram 2. Place 4 pins along the bottom edge. See Diagram 3. Turn the
ball 90 degrees.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 three more times to form Diagram 4. Some of the backing square will show through that is ok.
5. Find the the opposite side of ball and repeat steps 1 through 4.
6. Pick your second fabric. Continue with the same folding pattern but start the second row approximately 1/2 inch out along the center
lines of the first row. See Diagram 5.
7. Once the 4 main pieces are down. Begin placing the pieces on the diagonal. Place the point of the fold on the imaginary line between the 2
pieces that have been already placed. See Diagram 6
8. Flip the ball over to the other side and repeat steps 4 and 5.
9. With the final fabric repeat steps 4 through 6. See Diagram 7.
10. All of your pieces on both side should meet around the center of the ball. Hot glue the ribbon around the ball so that it hides the unfinished edges and pins. Make a hanger out of ribbon or string and secure it to the ornament with pins or hot glue.
Contributed by Daria Akers based on an idea from Dawn Stevens. email@example.com.