| What a great way to recycle chair legs! This project could be adapted in many different ways, as you can see from this picture.
For Sammy the Scarecrow
You will need:
- 1 -9in husky traditional chair leg
- Midnight Blue CreamCoat Paint
- Pumpkin CreamCoat Paint
- 1 Brown pipe cleaner
- Spanish moss
- 1 -3inch straw hat
- Orange cross-stitch thread
- 1/2 yard of 1 inch wide plaid ribbon
- Sponge brush
- Hot glue gun
- Black Pigma pen
- Masking tape
1. Tape off the top round part of the chair leg. Paint below the tape with 2 coats of Midnight Blue. Allow the paint to dry between coats.
2. Tape off the top part of the blue section. Paint top ball with 2 coats of pumpkin.
3. While the orange paint is drying, hold the pipe cleaner and several pieces of raffia together. Have a partner wrap the orange thread around the bundle several times (approximately 1/2 inch from the end) and tie a knot. Repeat on the other end of the pipe cleaner.
4. Hot glue the arms to the backside (place glue on 3 of the sides) of the leg just under the pumpkin head.
5. Hot glue some Spanish moss to the back, top, and sides of the head.
6. Draw a face on the front of the head.
7. Cut the ribbon in half. Drape 1 of the ribbons over the left arm, drape the other ribbon over the arm allow the ribbons to cross in the front and the back. Tie the ribbons in place with a “belt” of raffia.
8. Hot glue the hat to the top of the head.
Contributed by Daria Akers email@example.com.