|You can make beautiful candle holders for Christmas, or any occasion.
You will need:
Cut the tissue paper into small squares.
- Old baby food jars, cleaned
- Red and green tissue paper
- Liquid starch
- Small tea candles
- Glitter, ribbon, lace (optional)
Dip the squares in a small bowl of liquid starch and apply to the outside of the jar, slightly overlapping the squares.
Leave to dry completely, then put a tea candle in the jar. (You can secure it to the bottom with a little dab of melted wax if you need to.) When the candle is lit, light will show through the colored tissue paper. And it's re-usable! When the tea candle is used up, simply replace it.
For extra decoration:
This would make a great Mother's Day gift, or any occasion gift - just use different colored tissue paper.
- Sprinkle glitter on the jar when the tissue paper is still wet.
- Glue ribbon or lace around the base of the jar.
- When completely dry, attach some small gold stars (you might need a dab of glue).