|You will need:
Cover circle with fabric... you will need to trim about 1 1/4 inches off
two sides. Attach with the Elmer's glue. Use glue sparingly.
- 1 plastic soda bottle cap (any color)
- 3 inch circle cut from posterboard
- 5 1/2 inch square cut from small print cotton fabric
- 4 inches coordinating thin satin ribbon
- 2 coordinating satin rose or tiny fabric flower
- 1 inch square cut from adhesive magnet roll
- Elmer's glue
- Glue gun (with adult supervision/help)
Cut a small circle to cover the cap and a stip to wrap around the sides
of this cyclinder shape. Now you have covered the cap completely.... You
may need to use your hot glue gun to keep fabric in place.
Attach fabric covered cap (opening down) to the center of the fabric
covered circle. Try to center. You will need to attach with a thin bead
of hot glue where the lip of the cap will touch the fabric covered posterboard.
Viola - a summer hat.
Peel the cover off the adhesive sticky back from the magnet and attach
to the side of posterboard circle that is not covered with fabric.
Decide where the back of the hat will be and place a small dot of hot
glue. Place ribbon around hat rim. Make sure the extra ribbon overlaps
the brim of the back of the hat after the ribbon crosses. In the dot of
glue add the fs and let the family marvel at the beautiful addition holding
the grocery list to the Kenmore.
Contributed by Jennifer