|What you need:
1. Cut the potato in half and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Large potato, cut in half
- Knife for cutting shape
- Acrylic paints or different colored ink stamp pads
2. Using a pencil, draw an outline of a shape on the cut surface of the potato. Simple shapes work best.
3. Carefully cut away the area outside your shape. Cut around the shape and then out to the sides so that the pieces come out, and cut down about 1 inch.
4. Pat the surface of the potato dry. Put some paint into a tray or plate, and dip the potato shape into it, OR press the shape into a colored stamp pad.
5. Press the potato gently straight down onto the paper, then lift it straight up, so that it will not smudge.