| You will need:
1. Make a pattern out of cardboard. I find a scrap of fabric I like, then iron on a stiff interfacing. Cut out 2 pieces. Lay the back on table wrong side up. Cut 2 lengths of rattail cording, one piece for legs [about 12"], one for arms [ about 6"]. Thread on beads and knot the ends of legs, just
knot arms. Glue or tape in place.
- Lightweight cardboard
- Fabric scraps
- Rattail cording (about 18")
- Craft glue
- Different colored thread
- Hot glue
- Pin backing
2. Lay the front piece on and stitch together. I sew with machine but you could hand sew with a button hole stitch or something
3. I hot glue a button for face. Remember the eyes will be the color of the dress so you might have to color the space under with permanent marker. You could also sew button on.
4. Now grab the ends of about 5-10 different color threads and pull off about 5 yards[ I really didn't measure this but get a glob and just mash it in your fingers]. I hot glued to back and side of button. Cool melt glue would be better because I have got burned. You want it to look wild.
5. Glue a pin to back
6. For the Christmas Lady pin, add glitter to make her sparkle. I even put it on her shoes and in her hair.
Contributed by Sharon Sharon2188@bigfoot.com, who says "The credit for this cute project goes to the lady on the phone during Carol Duvall's Christmas show."